Friday, February 3, 2012

Cherish Every Moment

How many times have I said, "Ok, just let Mommy finish this, and then I will....".

Anyone who has ever had a child understands that children are a gift from God. There is no way to accurately describe the feelings of love that I have for my boys. Night after night I prayed for these children. I have no idea why God chose to bless me this way, but I'm thankful that He has.

So do I cherish every moment I have to spend with these precious gifts? I don't know that I could honestly say that I do. Sometimes I get so caught up in the things that need to be done, I forget to stop and focus on what is really important. My husband told me about a call that an EMT friend answered recently where a dad woke up to find that his son was not breathing. Those parents lost their precious gift. My childhood friend had a baby girl yesterday. This miracle came a year after their family suffered a miscarriage. I don't know that my human mind will ever be able to understand why these things happen. But I do know that stories like these make me hold my boys just a little longer at night while putting them to bed.

Many times I've had to make myself stop whatever I'm doing and read that book or build that tower. I don't know what will happen tomorrow.  But I do know that the load of laundry I'm folding will still be there in 10 minutes. And if I was really honest, dinner is probably going to burn anyways because I'm cooking, so it's ok to race cars with Jack instead of worry about the pasta.

Cherish Every Moment.












1 comment:

  1. Molly, this brought tears to my eyes! You are such a great Mom & Jack & Caleb are very blessed to have you as their Mommy!

    ReplyDelete