Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest Challenge

Like most women (and a few men) I know, I have discovered Pinterest. I have spent many nights falling asleep at my keyboard, telling myself I will go to bed just as soon as I look up Valentine's day crafts or recipes for chocolate desserts. Yes, it can be a huge distraction and can be a waste of time....but it is also a great resource for recipes, crafts, organizational tips, etc.

I don't know about you, but I spend A LOT more time pinning ideas than I do actually making or cooking anything I find on Pinterest. If pinning makes me a crafty, organized super mom then I've arrived. But sadly, this is not true.

A few months ago my mom and aunt challenged themselves to make something they found on Pinterest every day for 30 days. They did really well and made several super cute things and yummy recipes. I've decided to challenge myself to something similar. I know myself well enough to know that committing to something everyday would be setting myself up for failure. Isn't it important to know ones limitations? :) I've decided to try to make something that I've pinned on Pinterest every week. This could be a craft or recipe. I'm hoping to tackle something every week for a year. Hopefully posting it here will keep me accountable.

Last week I completed my first project. I'm hoping to begin meal planning in the next week, so I thought a menu board would be perfect! I used a frame I already had and painted it red. The fabric is from JoAnn Fabrics. I used hot glue to attach the fabric on the card board that came in the frame. I printed the words on red cardstock and used hot glue to attach the cardstock on the fabric. After this, the glass goes on top and a dry erase marker works perfectly on the glass. I completed the whole project in about an hour while I watched Project Runway. Easy and I love it!



1 comment:

  1. This is cute Molly! I'm excited to see what you continue to try!

    ReplyDelete