Friday, February 24, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Week 3

I made a few of these for family members for Christmas this year. I found a picture of one on Etsy and decided to figure out how to make them.

The letters can be found at JoAnn Fabrics or Hobby Lobby (don't forget to use your coupon!). I purchased the jute at Hobby Lobby, as well as the felt.

Start in the back of the letter, place a line of hot glue where you want to start laying down your jute, and then place your jute down. And that's about it! I chose to put hot glue down before every line of the jute to make it extra secure, but I'm sure if you wanted the project to be a little less time consuming, you wouldn't need a line of glue under every piece.



Leave the ends and middles for last, winding around until they are covered.


I hot glued a piece of jute to the back for hanging. I didn't think to take pictures of how I made the felt flowers but I'm leaving the link that I used at the end of the post. Here is the finished product! For anyone who would like to give as a gift or would like one for their own home, but do not have the time to make, I am selling these myself. Small letter for $20.00. Large letter for $25.00. Custom made felt flowers in any color! If interested please email at: mhyde15@hotmail.com

Felt Flowers Tutorial  

1 comment: