Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Week 2

  
As I have probably mentioned before, I am not a great cook. The Lord knew what He was doing when he brought Kyle into my life....the man could eat hotdogs every day and be perfectly happy. I, on the other hand, can't eat the same thing every day. I would go crazy.

I really want to learn more about cooking and it would be great if I could cook more than just a couple things (spaghetti and chicken pot pie). So I've dusted off my pitiful little recipe box and am determined to start trying new things.

I found this recipe on Pinterest and really wanted to share because it was super easy and super yummy. And when I discovered there were only three ingredients, I knew it was the right recipe for me.

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

1 envelope Taco Seasoning
6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I only used 4 large chicken breasts)
1 jar salsa (16 oz.)

Dump everything into a crock pot and give it a little stir to blend the seasoning with the salsa. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, the chicken should shred easily when stirred with a fork.

For tacos, serve the chicken with soft flour tortillas, lettuce, shredded cheese and sour cream. This is very versatile and can be used for enchiladas, nachos, tostadas, etc. Any leftover chicken can then be used for tortilla soup (make it the next day or freeze the chicken to use at a later time).


1 comment: